Saturday, July 23, 2011

Friday - July 8, 2011 - Unfinished Business


I live in conflict. At times, I look at the date on my license and see that my life has moved well past the halfway mark and most of my major accomplishments are behind me. But then I look around me, think of the things I haven't crossed off my ever-growing bucket list and realize that my life, as my backporch upkeep is unfinished business.

My bucket list is largely unwritten, but I do have physical lists of books I want to read, movies I want to watch, CD's I really must listen to. I have a basket of clippings for places I want to go, and in my head, I have stored all those goals I never reached - the time for some have passed and others might still be possible.

Sometimes I'm so overwhelmed by the unfinished business in my life that I can't accomplish anything. I just sit, ponder, wonder how many things from those lists will actually every be finished. And who will really care if they aren't?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home